Saturday, March 5, 2016

Saturday 9



Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: FortyFive Seconds (2015)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The very bad day described in this song began promisingly enough. The lyrics tells us, "Woke up an optimist, sun was shining, I'm positive." How did your day begin?
Trying to figure out how to get the post-surgery dog to eat her breakfast.  (Tried many things; finally got her to eat and to take her meds)

2) This song refers to Monday morning. What's on your plate for Monday?
Monday is the start of my "weekend."  Since I am a theater critic, Friday, Saturday and Sunday are my work days.  All I know that's on the docket on Monday is finishing writing the reviews for the 3 plays we are seeing this weekend.

3) The lyrics request, "promise you'll pay my bail." Have you ever had to bail anyone out of jail? (Or have you been bailed out?)
Fortunately, no.

4) Rihanna gets top billing in this all-star trio. She says that when she was a little girl, she used to walk around singing "A Whole New World" from Disney's Aladdin. What's your favorite song from a Disney movie?
Well, before Frozen became so all important to my grauddaughters, I would say maybe the lullabye from Dumbo.  It always makes me cry,  But now I guess my vote goes to "Let it Go."

5) Rihanna dated outfielder Matt Kemp when he was with the LA Dodgers. Opening Day is less than a month away. Are you a baseball fan?
I enjoy the occasional baseball game.  I'm a Giants fan, but I'm not religious about it.  I rarely even know what place they are in until the World Series is approaching.

6) Kanye West also sings on this week's song. When he was a little boy, he spent a year in China with his mother. Have you ever lived overseas (as opposed to just visiting on vacation)?
Nope. Just visiting on vacation...but a lot of that.  I would love to live for several months either in Dublin or London, though.

7) Mr.West is part owner of the Fatburger chain. Do you like grilled onions on your burger?
I love grilled onions on anything.

8) This week's third artist, Paul McCartney, is a vegetarian. Think about your most recent meal. Did it include chicken, pork, or beef? Eggs or dairy?
Last meal was a toasted English muffin, some dried apricots and some cashews.

9) Paul was born at 2:00 PM on a Thursday. Do you know what day of the week you were born? Do you know the exact time?
I was born on a Wednesday at 10:25 p.m., 73 years ago.

No comments: