Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas #3

As I write this it is 5:30 a.m.  I have slept the clock around.  I guess Christmas #3 did me in...or else it's the emotional impact of the whole holiday, that I am glad is over.  In any event, I am nothing if not well rested this morning!

Christmas #3 started with going to my mother's at about 11 a.m.  It was one of her disoriented days and I wondered if the upcoming time with Tom, Laurel and the grandkids was going to be too much for her.  I suspect it was but she kind of went in and out from enjoying it...


to being overwhelmed by all the confusion of what was going on.  


I was happy to give the girls their shirts from Venice.


At first, my mother didn't want to go to lunch with us because she wasn't feeling well, but when I told her we were just going to Atria's dining room, she agreed to go along


 (thank goodness the girls are so well behaved in a restaurant).


They had each received American Girl dolls for Christmas, Grace and Maryanne, and the dolls enjoyed lunch too.


My mother needed a rest from our visit, so after taking a picture by the Atria Christmas tree...


...we took her back to the apartment, where Lacie decided to read a story to Walt.


Then we said our goodbyes and headed off to Slide Hill Park for a bit of physical play to tire the girls out.


(Mommy too!)

Walt and I said our goodbyes and went off to a Boxing Day party at the home of our friends, Steve and Larry.  It was a small gathering and everyone there was a friend, so I felt quite at home. 
Before going home, Walt and I took a drive around town to see the lights.  The best, of course, belonged to our friend Derrick, whose home won for best lights this year.


Then back home and instantly to sleep.  I woke up twice thru the night and went right back to sleep almost instantly.  To quote my mother, "I'm getting old."


No comments: