Saturday, March 2, 2013

Meme Time

I didn't do Sunday Stealing the last two weeks.  Last week's was one I'd done most of before and the week before was one that I couldn't really relate to, so it's been awhile.  I went back over the memes that I set aside to do "someday" and decided to do this one today.

1. What brand & flavor of toothpaste do you use?
PreviDent.  I don't know if it's prescription or not.  I've never bought it; my dentist gives it to me.  I have enough to last me another year!

2. What is your earliest memory?
I think it's a train trip my mother and I took to So. California.  I just remember bits and pieces.  I also remember wanting to climb in my sister's crib and suck on a bottle, which my parents let me do (I didn't like it, I discovered), but I was 4-1/2 when Karen was born and I'm pretty sure the train trip was before that.

3. Hot Dogs or Hamburgers?
I've never been a hot dog person, unless there is a ball game in front of it.   I'm a hamburger girl, preferably a cheeseburger, and preferably with Swiss cheese.   I usually eat it plain, but may dip the bun in catsup, as my mother taught me to do.

4. If you could bring any one famous person back to life, who would it be?
Maybe Lyndon Johnson -- I'll bet he could whip the congress into shape. 

5. What is one thing we would always find in your fridge... what one thing would we never find?
You will always find butter.  You will never find beets (unless Walt is hiding them somewhere)

6. Did you have to go and look for the answer of #1?
Nope

7. Why don't watermelons grow on trees?
I passed an orange tree yesterday.  The ground under it was littered with oranges which had ripened and fallen off onto the ground.  I tried to imagine what would happen if it had been a watermelon tree.  Not a pretty sight. 

8. What is something that you own that you should probably just throw in the trash, but you never will?
Most of the stuff in the upstairs "big bedroom." 

9. I push you into a room and lock the door. I leave you there for 6 hours. The walls are chalkboards and in the middle of the room there is a box of colored chalk. What will be written/drawn on the walls when I let you out?
Nothing worth looking at.  I'm not a doodler.
 
10. When was the last time you changed the oil on your car?
I  have never changed the oil in this car, which is not to say that it has never been changed, but Walt takes care of that.

11. In your extended family, who has been married the longest?
Depends on how far you want to extend the family.  Walt and I are pretty close at nearly 48 years, but Peach and Bob are over 50 years.

12. Name one thing that is so normal to you now that someone who was your age 50 years ago would think was abnormal.
Lord, just about everything.  Television, digital anything, 24 hour news, frozen dinners, Rush Limbaugh....

13. Have you ever wanted someone or something so bad that it hurt?
Yes.  I want my dead kids back.

14. What do you dip your french fries in?
I'm usually a fries purist and take nothing, but if they turn out to be big mushy fries (which I don't like), I may dip them in catsup. 

15. What was the last picture that you took?
a picture of the program for the show I reviewed last night ("Tribute") that I could post to FourSquare.

No comments: