Sunday, March 4, 2018

Sunday Stealing




 


 

Some Art Historic questions


Classical: If you were an Olympian god, what would you be known for?
I'd obviously be the goddess of the remote, the occupier of the recliner, and the feeder of the dog.


Byzantine: Do you prefer gold or silver accessories?
No strong preference, but probably silver.  it goes better with my "winter" color designation.


Medieval: Are you religious?
Not any more.  The church angered me one too many times.  I consider myself spiritual, in my own weird way, but don't attend any church (it's difficult to choose a different religion when you are raised Catholic and suffer Catholic guilt for entering a non-Catholic church!


Gothic: What is your favourite historic building?


This is the Transfiguration Cathedral on Kizhi island on Lake Ladoga, in Russia.  The building was built (without nails, and using only an axe) in 1714 to honor Peter the Great, and has the most onion domes of any building in Russia.  The story goes that Peter had the architect killed when the building was completed so another cathedral like it could never be built again.

Renaissance: Have you ever had a time in your life when you felt enlightened or changed?
Oh during my youth I read a lot of inspirational books that enlightened me in one direction or another, but none were "life changing."

Baroque: Do you enjoy the finer things in life?
Well, I'm not a "finer things in life" kinda person.  I can appreciate looking at and experiencing through photos, but living with the finer things in life doesn't work for me.  That said, I wouldn't argue if someone wanted to give me a first class ticket on a flight somewhere.

Rococo: Is your bedroom full of trinkets and pictures? If so, which pictures adorn your walls?
I don't sleep in a bedroom, but my whole house is full of trinkets and pictures.  In the living room where I sleep there are lots of souvenirs from trips and from things that people from other countries who lived with us gave to us.  A mish-mosh.  (I'm not as bad as George Clooney's father, Nick Clooney, whom I saw interviewed recently; his walls and even his ceiling are covered with photos so that you can't see the actual wall or ceiling itself!)


(I love Google images!)
 
Neoclassicism: If something came back into fashion, what do you hope it would be?
Since I am blissfully unaware of fashion, I don't have a clue.  My fashion sense hasn't changed in 50 years.

Romanticism: Do you often see things in a positive light?
I think in my younger days, I saw things too positive, but especially since the inauguration of #45, I find it difficult to think of anything in a positive light any more.  Just waiting to see which country we are going to go to war with first.

Pre-Raphaelite: Which book would you like to see turned into a film?
As a general rule, books I love turned into movies have been a big disappointment, with the possible exception of Gone with the Wind and The Wizard of Oz.

Impressionism: Do you look for details or take everything in at once?
I think I take in everything at once, which includes details.  I think.  Sometimes I miss big details, sometimes the little details I see Walt misses, so who knows?

Art Nouveau: When were you last at the theatre?
Friday night to see Carousel and Saturday night to see a play called Fragile Things.

Surrealism: Why does the porcupine think it's a duck?
Beats me!
 
Pop Art: Do you enjoy pop culture? Probably some, mostly not.  I'm not up on what is current popular culture.

Contemporary: What did you do today?
Watched Saturday morning cooking shows on Food Network, worked on my review for last night's Carousel and got ready to go to see Fragile Things.

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

I didn't know the Surrealism tidbit.