Sunday, June 25, 2017

Sad Sunday Stealing

The End of An Era- A note from Bud-
Sometimes I feel like the boy who cried wolf. But when I left Saturday 9 to The Gal (who I freely admit improved it - greatly) and Stealing to Mr. L and then Kwizgiver I was so burnt out that I even ended the WTIT Blog at the same time. Now while I won't be doing that, I will be leaving Sunday Stealing after next week. We've had a marvelous run - we are in our 10th year - but if a new host isn't found this week, we will end Stealing. About two years ago I started a book about WTIT. It's a daunting task to cover 50 years of anything, and so I stopped writing about a year ago. And while the hour or so I spend on Stealing doesn't sound like a lot. I'm just not feeling it and I think that now that I am out of work on disability I should start anew on the book. It's not like there's not a lot there, I had nearly 20 chapters written. 

I won't be leaving the blogospohere. I will still play Saturday 9. And Stealing if we are lucky enough for someone to take it. It needs to grow. We got hit hard from the social media switch from blogs to Facebook and twitter. But there are thousands who still play memes who need to be contacted. I just don't have the time. But if you do, we could have fifty players a week. See, you don't run a successful meme blog without having to find players. I haven't done that since well before I left the first time. If you want to be the host of Stealing either leave me a comment or email me at bud.weiser@wtit.net. It has been an honor to be your host for for so long. But I've got a book to write.

I love Sunday stealing an am feeling guilty for not volunteering, but I'm pretty sure that I would not be able to do as good a job as Bud has done for so long.

We found this gem  from a blogger and blog named Greenish Lady. She states that Becca invited everyone to do it. But, it was probably stolen at that blog as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!

Cheers to all us thieves! 

Sunday Stealing: The Greenish Questions

1. What is your current obsession?
I am setting aside 1-2 hours a day to read in the hope of getting back in reading again

2. What’s your go-to coffee place?
Mishka's Cafe.  I don't go there often, but it's a good place to meet a friend for coffee (also, the pastries are good, and there is free wifi).  To buy coffee, I go to Peet's, but their sit-and-sip area isn't as inviting as Mishka's is.

3. Who was the last person that you hugged?
Walt

4. Do you nap a lot?
A lot.  These days I almost always have an afternoon nap, but sometimes a morning one too.

5. Tonight, what’s for dinner?
A Home Chef meal -- beef on skewers.  Or maybe something faster, since we have a show to review tonight.

6. What was the last thing that you bought?
A Gourmia GMS9280 Mii Slicer Pull String Manual Food processer I ordered from Amazon.  It's OK, but doesn't work quite as advertised, but then it was only $6-7, so I got what I paid for.  I will use it.
7. What is your favorite weather?
Cold and drizzly.  Or thick fog.  Definitely not 100+

8. Tell us something about one blogger who you think will play this week?
I have become intrigued by Country Dew, who is an excellent (professional) writer and we seem to have a lot in common.  Also anybody with a pet cow is OK in my book

9. If you were given a free house that was fully furnished, where in the world would you like it to be?
In the hills above Santa Barbara, with a beautiful view of the ocean.

10. Name three things that you could not live without.
Air, Water, and I'd say Sunday Stealing, but it seems that I'll have to learn to live without it!

11. What would you like in your hands right now?
A tall glass of water with ice in it.

12. What’s one of your guilty pleasures?
A spoonful of peanut butter right out of the jar.  (Creamy, not crunchy)

13. What would you change or eliminate about yourself?
Eliminate about 80 lbs.

14. As a child, what type of career did you want?
A nurse, a nun, or a mother.

15. What are you missing right now?
Cool weather

16. What are you currently reading?
I'm finishing "The Horse and His Boy," the 3rd book in the Narnia series.  Not as good as the first two.

17. What do you fear the most?
Losing my mental capacities and becoming helpless and dependent on others for everything.

18. What’s the best movie that you’ve seen recently?
I've only seen one movie this year -- Beauty and the Beast -- and liked it.

19. What’s your favorite book from the past year?
Silent Footsteps, by Sally Henderson (about observations of elephant societies)

20. Is there a comfort food from your childhood that you still enjoy?
I used to love U-No candy bars, which you almost never see any more.  I still buy them when I see them, but they don't taste as good as they used to.

No comments: