Sunday, July 24, 2016

Sunday Stealing

We Found this gem from a blogger that we stole from once before, Stacy of the  blog “All Stacy All the Time”. She states that she stole it from "Lola’s Diner". But that's as far as I'll go. Tracing it back further might be crazier than a Trump speech. So as we sub for our current author, Kwizgiver, we will shout:
 
Cheer to all of us thieves!!

Sunday Stealing: The Beach Boys' Meme 

[this sounds more like a Saturday 9 than a Sunday Stealing!]

1. SURFER GIRL : “I have watched you on the shore, standing by the ocean drawer, do you love me do you surfer girl” Were you ever interested in someone (other than a celebrity) who did not return your interest?
Oh sure.  In grammar school it was Eddie Garavanta.  I remember being thrilled when he asked me to dance at a party I was hosting and then left me in the middle of the dance to dance with someone else.  Since I dated the same guy for 3 years, al through high school, I don't think there was an unrequited love in high school.

2. BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL : “So be true to your school now, just like you would for your girl or guy…” Looking back, how do you feel about your high school days?
My high school days were some of my favorite years of my youth.  I loved the school, had a nice circle of friends, did well in school, had lots of activities.  I was sorry when it ended.

3. FUN FUN FUN : “…and she’ll have fun fun fun till her daddy takes the T-Bird away…” What was the worst punishment you received as a teenager?
I'm sure I was punished as a teenager, but in all honesty I don't remember a punishment.  Probably not permitted to go where I wanted to go.

4. I GET AROUND : “Round round get around, I get around” Where did you go on your last long trip?
We flew to Barcelona, boarded a ship and sailed up the Mediterranean to Venice.  It was a wonderful trip.

 5. HELP ME RHONDA : “You gotta help me Rhonda, help me get her off of my mind” What do you do to cheer up after a personal tragedy such as a lost job, power outage or broken relationship?
Eat (but it doesn't cheer me up)

 6. CALIFORNIA GIRLS : “I wish they all could be California girls. The west coast has the sunshine and the girls there get so tan, I dig a French bikini on Hawaiian island dolls, by a palm tree in the sand” Where are the best boys found?
I've never gone looking.

7. SLOOP JOHN B : “I wanna go home, please let me go home, ya ya. Well this is the worst trip, I’ve ever been on…” What is the worst trip you’ve ever been on?
Hmmmm.....there are a lot of camping trips with the Blackfords that might fall under that category.

8. WOULDN’T IT BE NICE : “I guess the more we talk about it, it makes it harder just to live without it, but let’s talk about it…” What is your biggest wish?
That my mother's dementia would magically disappear.  Ain't gonna happen.

9. IN MY ROOM : “There’s a place where I can go and tell my secrets to. In my room. In my room.” What is your favorite thing about your own personal room or space in your home/office?
Now that it is almost finished (only two boxes left to unload), I love this new office for the extended work space and that I am taking my time so that I can organize, box, and label everything, in hopes of (please dear God) keeping it relatively tidy in the coming months/years.

10. GOD ONLY KNOWS : “You never need to doubt it, I’ll make you so sure about it. God only knows what I feel about you” When was the last time you told a significant other or close relative that you loved them?
Whenever the opportunity presents itself.  I think the last time I said the words out loud was when I was visiting my mother yesterday.  It was a very. bad. day. for her and, through tears, I told her I loved her, though she didn't have a clue who I was.

11. GOOD VIBRATIONS : “My baby has good vibrations, she’s giving me excitations…” When do you get good vibrations?
Probably when I have written something that pleases me....a review or a journal entry (this is probably not one of them).

12. KOKOMO : “We’ll go to Kokomo. We’ll get there fast and then we’ll take it slow. That’s where I wanna go…” What is your favorite warm weather destination?
I don't have warm weather destinations. I would rather have cool weather destinations, like San Francisco or Seattle.

13. DO IT AGAIN : “Let’s get back together and do it again…” If you could go back in time and gather up your school friends, what would you do again?
I can't remember the things we did in school that I'd like to do again, but I do enjoy getting together with people occasionally--I have a lunch date with 6 or 7 or my grammar school friends coming up next month.


Ned, Marta, Tom, Laurel and the girls were here today.  We had planned to go see Grandma, but when I saw her yesterday, she was very bad and we decided that would be too confusing for her, so just Ned and Tom went.  Apparently she was better today, except for being half dressed and having to be reminded to go and put on a shirt. At least today she remembered who Jeri was when she called.

No comments: