Sunday, August 2, 2015

Sunday Stealing

Do you shout out the answers at the TV while watching quiz shows?
The only quiz show we watch is Jeopardy, but we both do.

Do you get over-involved with TV or movie plots at times?
Not sure what "over-involved" means.  I don't feel like I'm in the show, certainly, but I was definitely involved in the recent Outlander mini-series.

What's the highest hill or mountain you've ever climbed?
Does in a car count?  If so, probably Pike's Peak (14,000 ft.).  If it has to be on foot, Mt. Lassen, when I was pregnant with Jeri in 1965 or 66 (there was a trail to the top, 10,000 ft)

Do you have a piggy bank?
Nope.  I have an old 35 mm film container filled with quarters if I need any for parking meters, though.

What's the fastest you've ever traveled in a car?
Maybe 90 mph.  Briefly.

Could you ever hand milk a cow?
I never had the chance, but having expressed breast milk, I at least know how it's done in theory.

Which was your favorite science? Biology, Physics or Chemistry?
I didn't like any of them.  Physics was the worst, which is weird because I ended up working for the Physics Department for four years after I left school.  I guess as a class, biology was a "favorite."

Have you ever had a surprise party? (that was an actual surprise)
A couple.  There was a birthday party--don't remember which one, before we moved to Davis in 1973.  Our 25th anniversary party was a surprise, and my 50th birthday party was a surprise.

Have you ever worn clothing with the labels/tags still attached?
I'm sure I have.

Have you ever slipped on a banana skin?
Not that I remember.

Are you scared of the dark?
No.

Do you have a lawyer?
We have an attorney who drew up our family trust, but I don't have a clue where she is now, so no.

If you had a paid year off, what would you want to do?
What I'm doing now -- enjoying my retirement.

How long did you last phone call last?
About 5 minutes.  A woman called me yesterday with information about my application to work as a volunteer.

Have you ever helped someone across the road?
I can't remember.

Have you ever been wolf whistled in public?
Not for 60 years.

No comments: