Monday, August 25, 2014

Sunday Stealing

Favorite Fictional ?

1. Favorite fictional couple?

Could there be any doubt?  Claire and Jamie Fraser from the "Outlander" series.

jamie-and-claire.jpg (107563 bytes)

2. Favorite fictional character?
I want to say Detective Harry Bosch from Michael Connelly's books, but I've finished all of those and am learning to enjoy Harlan Coben's Myron Bolitar.

3. Favorite fictional TV show?

Big Bang Theory or Star Trek (the Original Series)

4. Favorite fictional movie?

A Star Is Born, of course.

5. Favorite fictional villain?

Fagin from "Oliver Twist."  He's really a villain, but you can't help liking the guy.

6. Favorite fictional hero?

Has to be Christopher Reeve's Superman.  We were very big on Superman in this house.

7. Favorite fictional pet?

I started to say Lad, a Dog, but he was a real dog with fictional stories told about him, so that doesn't count.  I guess I'll have to go with The Black from The Black Stallion books.  Or maybe Benjy.

8. Favorite fictional setting/universe?

The Muppet world--not Sesame Street, but the Muppet world of The Muppet Show.

9. Least favorite fictional couple?

Anastasia Steele and Christian Gray. She was such a whiner!  Runners up Bella Swan and Edward Cullen. She was a whiner too!

10. Least favorite fictional character?

Lucy Farinelli, Kay Scarpetta's niece.  She started out as a friendly, likeable character but boy has she changed.  She may be brilliant, but I would not like to meet her.

11. Least favorite fictional TV show?

If it's a "least favorite," I won't be watching it, so I can't really think of one that would be "least." 

12. Least favorite fictional movie?

Prince of Tides, only because I loved the book so much and so incredibly disappointed in the movie.  (I could also say Marjorie Morningstar for the same reason!)

13. Least favorite fictional villain?

The Wicked Witch of the West, even if she did have a misunderstood childhood.  She wanted to kill Dorothy! for Pete's sake.

14. Least favorite fictional hero?

I used to love Alex Cross, but since James Patterson has turned him into a factory commodity, with all sorts of co-authors, I have come not to like him very much at all.

15. Least favorite fictional pet?

Cujo

16. Least favorite fictional setting/universe?

I'm not really fond of dystopian stories.  Probably my least favorite would be "Fahrenheit 451," because that's a world without books.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NED

NedEyes.jpg (195108 bytes)

No comments: