Thursday, December 23, 2010

Season of Miracles

My entry a year ago is called "The Christmas Miracle," referring to the fact that I seemed to have gotten over a cold overnight, and would not be spoiling Christmas.

There was another miracle on this date this year, only a very different one. Mid-morning, two trucks pulled up across the street...

ATT.jpg (63897  bytes)

It was the AT&T guys showing up, after nearly a week, to finally bury the electric wires in our neighbor's driveway. They were here a couple of hours and when they finished, they asked me to check to see if everything worked. It did.

Several hours later, it still works. Be still my heart.

The other miracle of the day was watching President Obama sign the repeal of Don't Ask, Don't tell. As emotional a ceremony as that was, it didn't affect me as much as this video shows.

I was wiping away tears as Harry Reid returned Choi's West Point ring to him. God, let's hope this whole thing is behind us now!


The only problem with today was that Walt and I had forgotten to coordinate. When he went off to work I thought he would be on his bike like every other day, but he was going to the post office and it was a grey day, threatening rain (which hasn't arrived yet) and so he took the car.

My plan for the day had been to do some baking. I'm bringing dessert to my mother's tomorrow's early Christmas dinner, and pumpkin pies to Walt's sister's house in Santa Barbara for Christmas. I also wanted to do some baking to leave goodies for Ashley, who will be staying here while we are gone.

But with no car, there was no way to get to the store to buy all the stuff I needed to do.

I did get something baked for Ashley, and wrapped all of the Christmas presents. I finally got to the store at 7 p.m., after watching Jeopardy. So as I write this, there is a pumpkin cheesecake baking and when it is finished, I can get some sleep so we can start our multi-day Christmas festivities.

I will have the laptop with me, but wifi is iffy at my mother's, so I don't know if I will post an entry tomorrow night or not. I will WRITE one and then see if it can be posted.


Puppy Update: I swear I weighed these puppies 3 days ago and Max was about 10-1/2 lbs. Today he is THIRTEEN pounds! He's getting too heavy to lift over the fence in the doggie yard!

No comments: