Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I've Been Tagged

SnugPug apparently feels I don't do enough memes, so she has tagged me for another one. So you can all blame her.

1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning

2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.

3. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people and posts their name, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

What was I doing 10 years ago?

Let's see. 10 years ago was after David died and before I started this journal. It was after I got on the internet, so after I made a lot of friends through CompuServe, but before I met Peggy, or Steve. It was after the end of Lawsuit. It was before my job with Dr. G, but after my job with the ob/gyn office, so I guess I wasn't doing any salaried job except transcribing for the psychiatrist. It was before they asked me to start reviewing for the newspaper. It was before I started biking, and before I had a digital camera, so there is no photographic evidence easily available to see what, indeed, I was doing! Obviously this has been a very eventful 10 years!

Judging by all the things that have happened in the 10 years, all I can assume was that 10 years ago, I was sitting at home eating bon bons.

Five snacks I enjoy in a perfect, non weight-gaining world:

1. ice cream
2. chocolate
3. buttery popcorn
4. cheesecake (does that count as a "snack"?)
5. peanut brittle

Five snacks I enjoy in the real world:

1. All of the above, eaten guiltily
2. cherry tomatoes (the non-toxic kind!)
3. peanuts
4. Wheat Thins
5. red grapes

Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:

Given that a billion dollars doesn't go as far as it used to...

1. Do as much as I could to fund organizations like The Gorilla Foundation, the Sheldrake Foundation for orphaned elephants, the Elephant sanctuary in Tennessee, and any group working to improve the plight of animals.

2. Back a bang-up Broadway run of "The Big Voice: God or Merman," with all the publicity and pizzazz that it will need to get an audience, and produce an Original Cast recording of the show.

3. Give a sizeable donation to Breaking Barriers, which does so much locally to help men, women and children with HIV.

4. Buy the plot of land my mother's mobile home sits on so she doesn't have to worry about whether she has to move out of her home or not.

5. For myself, buy the fastest computer with the largest hard drive available and an on-call technician who can help me, at my own pace, learn all the workings without making me feel like a dummy. Throw in an all-expenses covered iPhone too, for the heck of it.

Five jobs that I have had:

1. Test-tube washer in a medical lab
2. Biller-clerk in a tool company
3. Private secretary for 3 physics professors at UC Berkeley
4. Medical transcriptionist & office manager for 2 medical offices
5. Theatre critic

Five of my habits:

1. Scratching my head when I'm sleepy (anybody who has ridden in a car when I'm driving knows when I'm starting to get tired!)
2. Eating when I'm halfway through writing a review. I simply HAVE to get up and get something to eat before I can continue.
3. Writing e-mail which may not seem like a "habit" to some, but it definitely is for me.
4. Bouncing my legs up and down when I'm stressed or nervous or bored
5. yawning at inopportune times.

Five places I have lived:

1. With my parents in San Francisco for 18 years
2. Various locations in Berkeley, California for 6 years
3. Albany, California (next door to Berkeley) for about a year and a half
4. Oakland, California for 4 years
5. Davis, California since 1973

(obviously I don't move around much!)

Instead of "tagging" anybody, I'll take Bill's (of "The Dahn Report") idea and include five interesting journals you might want to check out. They are under NO obligation to do this meme (and I probably won't even let them know I've linked to them)

http://marcvaldez.blogspot.com/
http://bikingdog.blogspot.com/
http://rollingdogranch.typepad.com/rolling_dog_ranch_animal_/
http://www.golfwidow.net/
http://lauramorefield.weebly.com/lauras-blog.html

No comments: