Saturday, November 11, 2017

Saturday 9


Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme! 
 
Saturday 9: Get Down Tonight (1975)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here. 1) Tonight, KC has three things on his "to-do" list: do a little dance, make a little love and get down. Tell us three things you'd like to accomplish this weekend.
1 - finish my review of Gibraltar
2 - go to the play Moving Day and get that review written
3 - visit my mother

2) This week's song is considered emblematic of disco, a genre that had as many detractors as fans. Is there a kind of music you simply cannot stand?

I have never been a big fan of rock and especially heavy metal.  Anything that is that loud and that confusing just doesn't appeal to me.  Most other music is OK with me, in varying degrees.  Even hip hop, which I am learning to enjoy from listening to endless replays of Hamilton.

3) Before becoming a musician, KC, aka Harry Casey, worked in a record store. In those days, record stores were very popular. Peaches, Coconuts, Sam Goody and Tower Records are four store chains that once dotted the landscape but now are gone. Today, if you wanted to purchase a CD, where would you turn?
I don't buy CDs any more, but the last ones I bought were from Amazon, except for those we bought from The Lamplighters.  Now I just download one or two numbers from the internet.  Other than my computer (which has crappy speakers) and the car, I don't have an easily accessible CD player anyway

4) One of his duties at the record store was unloading the big corrugated shippers filled with LPs. What's the heaviest thing you've lifted lately?

My back doesn't like to lift heavy stuff, but I do occasionally bring in the 5 gallon water bottle after it's been delivered.  Usually, though, Walt has taken over that job.

5) KC is proud that he's lived his entire life in Miami-Dade County. Do you expect to change your address in the next year or so?
We have lived here 43+ years, so...no. 

6) In 1975, the year this song was popular, former Teamsters boss Jimmy Hoffa disappeared, never to be seen again. Many theories flourish about what may have happened to him. Is there a famous criminal case that has a hold on your attention?

I remember Jimmy Hoffa (our youngest child was 3 at the time).  I can't think of any other criminal case that "holds my attention" except for maybe the Charles Manson murders...and then only because it was a tragedy for a friend of ours, so whenever something about Manson comes up, I think of that.
 

7) Jaws was the most popular movie of 1975. Are you afraid of sharks?

Not when they are out at sea and I am on the shore, or when they are in an aquarium.  Do I want to go and swim with the sharks?  No!  But shark documentaries are fascinating.

8) Actress Angelina Jolie was born in 1975. People magazine once named her "most beautiful." Who is the most beautiful woman you can think of?

For physical beauty, Angelina is a good choice.  Caitriona Balfe from Outlander is also a beautiful woman. There are other beautiful persons that may not occur to people, like Dame Judy Dench.  Most of the current female celebrities look so much alike that it's hard for me to tell them apart.

9) Random question: A wizard offers you a choice -- would you like your life to stay as it is right now (in terms of your health, your career, your relationships and your finances) for the next 5 years, or would you like to take a chance that the future will be brighter?

I'm too old to change.  And my life right now is just fine.  Hard to think how my life could be brighter.

No comments: