Sunday, September 4, 2016

Sunday Stealing

What’s the meaning or inspiration of your blog’s title
It's from the lyrics to a song that my kids' band, Lawsuit, sang back in the 1980/90s.  After our son David died in 1996, all I could think of was these lyrics
Funny the world in a world all alone
I feel like I've lost everything that I own
Funny the funnies aren't funny any more.
Funny the tears as they fall from my eyes
There are two kinds of tears--
one from truth, one from lies
There's a broken soldier,
who's going home.
What do you consider your biggest strength
I don't fall apart in an emergency.  Yet.

What do you consider your biggest weakness
Oh...too many to list!

Tell us why we should like your favorite band
Well, it's too late now because Lawsuit disbanded in 1996, but they were and still are my favorite band.  You can get an example here.
This was a 1996 concert honoring our son David, who had died in May.  The singer is our son Paul (who would die in 1999), the drummer is son Ned, the girl in the hat doing backup singing is Ned's wife and the girl on the saxophone is our daughter Jeri.  This is perhaps not my favorite song, but it shows what an...uh...eclectic/weird band they could be.
Who is your favorite model of all-time? Why
Model?  I don't know models.  The only one I can name is Heidi Klum and she drives me nuts.

Does it bother you when people talk about their pets? Why
Of course not.  I am a pet person and love hearing about others' experiences.

Tell us about your favorite holiday
I think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, though not what we have now, which is so disjointed because we are so scattered and too many have died.  When the kids were growing up, we went to my mother-in-law's condo at Lake Tahoe and it was a pot luck (so there was no pressure on a single cook).  My son Tom, who has become an excellent cook, always made Baked Alaska and after dinner we played charades, which was so funny with Walt's mother, who was in her 80s at the time and never did get the idea of not speaking.  I miss those days so much.

What was the last fabulous meal that you ate? Where were you?
Hmmm....we don't eat out all that much, but earlier this year we went to The Dead Fish restaurant in Crockett, CA, which has great crab and a beautiful view as well. 

What’s your lucky number and why
It's always been 7 and I don't have a clue why.  It's never brought me any luck!

What are five things you hate
1.  Donald Trump
2. The ugliness of this election
3. Any kind of child abuse/molestation
4. Elephant slaughter for ivory
5. Dementia
What are five things you love
1. My family
2. My dogs
3. Fog and rain
4. NCIS reruns
5. Dungeness crab
Tell us a secret you can because other than us, who’ll read this anyway
I am a paid assassin for the CIA.  You won't tell anyone, will you?  (I saw The Bourne Supremacy last night)

What is the favorite body feature of yourself
For so many years it was my hair.  It was thick and naturally curly/wavy.  Then as I got older, it started thinning and I hated it.  Then I had my head shaved to raise money for children's cancer and when it grew back, the thickness and curl came back and now, if I keep it short, I love it again.

Is there a tattoo that you want? If you don’t have one, gun-to-your-head so you have to get one, what would it be
It would definitely take a gun to my head to have me get one, but if I absolutely HAVE to, maybe the comedy/tragedy masks, since I'm a theater critic. A small comedy/tragedy mask.

What do you love about yourself? What do you hate about yourself? Who is someone you miss?
I guess I love that I am willing to help anybody if it's within my ability.  I hate that I have no interest in exercise or diet. (I guess I don't really hate it all that much, or I'd make a greater effort.) I miss my two sons (who died in 1996 and 1999) and my two cousins.  I also miss my mother the way she used to be, not the demented person she is today.

No comments: