Sunday, October 18, 2015

Sunday Stealing

1. Did someone die in that last movie you watched?
Let's see...the last movie I saw in a theater was Mr. Holmes and nobody died in that.  Or at least nobody that anybody cared about.

2. Are the trees pretty colors outside for you now or at all?
We get some beautiful fall color, but so far not this year.  It's been such a dry year I'm wondering if we're going to get color at all, or if the leaves will just all commit suicide.

3. Have you ever made a bad first impression on someone's parents?
Not that I'm aware.

4. When's the last time you video recorded something on TV?
This morning.  A cooking show had a recipe I wanted to review and I recorded it.  But I record something every day, usually many things.  ("Record" = saved on DVR to be erased after watching)

5. What is a career you wanted to have when you were younger, and still kind of want to have now?
Oddly enough, all I really wanted to be was a secretary, and that's what I was.  A glorified secretary when I became office manager, but basically a secretary.

6. What are your views on sunflowers?
I love sunflowers.  We are surrounded by fields of them in the late summer and I usually try to find an accessible field where I can photograph some.  Sunflowers make me smile.

7. What is your favorite incense or candle scent?
Depends on the season.  Mostly the froufrou floral scents, but around the holidays, those homey kitchen scents that have cinnamon in them are quite nice.

8. Caramel apples or candy apples?
Caramel, but I can't really eat either any more, because I worry they will pull my teeth out.

9. Have you ever walked into a wall?
Yes.  Embarrassing!

10. Would you ever or do you make your dog wear a bandanna?
Sheila wore a bandanna once, to a dog walk-a-thon publicizing the SPCA, but I'm not big on dog clothes.

11. Do you find dandelions when they're gone all white pretty?
I love them.  I don't know why people think them weeds.  I loved blowing them when I was a child.

12. What makes you laugh?
Lots of stuff, but lately it's been some of the ridiculous things that come out of the mouths of some politicians these days.

13. The scariest moment of your life?
Hearing news of the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake (yesterday was the anniversary) and having no way to reach my children who were in San Francisco at the time.

14. What’s the coolest thing you’ve bought lately?
A book called Voracious by Cara Nicoletti.

15. What’s the worst you’ve had to do because of losing a bet?
I don't think I've ever made those kinds of bets.

No comments: