Monday, January 19, 2015

Sunday Stealing

Name your favorite:

Place:  No matter where in the world I go, or what beautiful places I see, I can't imagine a place I love more than San Francisco.  It's my city by the bay and I have loved it all of my life.


Person:  That's a difficult one and probably depends on the day and the time and the circumstances (not going to trick me into committing to just one person!)

Color:  It's always been red, but the blue-ish red, not the orange-ish red.

Food:  Dungeness crab, of course.  Chocolate's not bad either.

Smell:  Oh the usual--the ocean, coffee, a non-hot house rose, puppy breath, fresh bread baking, a newborn baby's head.

Book: "East of Eden"

Movie:  The 1954 Judy Garland A Star is Born.  Runners up: Affair to Remember, Dave, Air Force One

Music artist:  Nobody current.  For all time, Judy Garland.

Thing to do when bored: Read or watch TV

Genre of literature: What I read most is crime drama, but if it's well written I love it.

Magazine:  Not a magazine person.

Texture:  Velvet, or that new material that they make blankets out of today that just melt in your hands when you touch them (it's the material my blanket is made of)

Time of day:  Maybe 8:30 p.m., when the dogs are fed and settled, dinner is finished and I don't have to feel guilty about watching TV

Day of the week:  Seems to be Thursday is the best TV night.

Thing to learn about: I love to learn about all sorts of oddball things, and working in a book store gives me access to learn about things like Australian hats, whatever happened to Einstein's brain, women in San Francisco history in the early 20th century, Hepburn's feelings about making The African Queen, conditions in third world countries, etc.

Thing about yourself:  I like my sense of humor (though I fear it is often misunderstood, when written), and I like that I have compassion for everyone and everything, though that is often very frustrating when I feel so helpless to make a significant difference in the world.

Lifehack (a time saving, efficiency technique for life)
This video changed my life

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

Great answers--that life hack video is a good one!