Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sunday Stealing

The Sunday Stealing for today is all about bands and modern music and I couldn't answer over half of the questions, so I chose one from last year that I didn't do at the time, for whatever reason.

Have you ever clicked on an ad on the side of your screen by accident?
Sure, especially if I'm hurried.  Occasionally, I find interesting things, but mostly I'm mad at myself for clicking on the ad. 

When was the last time you were disappointed?
Today, when I went to visit my mother and discovered that they didn't really do "deep cleaning" after all, but it's not really important, so I won't mention it again. 

Do you like the smell of rain?
Love it.  Love just about everything connected with rain.

What was the last thing you took a picture of?
The Halloween displays at Greg's house last night. 

When you go to McDonald's, what drink do you usually get?
I usually get a large cup for water.  Sometimes I get a diet coke, and if I've stopped at the drive thru it's because I'm driving and sleepy, so I'll get an iced mocha

What were you doing today at 2:15 in the afternoon?
Visiting with my mother at Atria.

What's the nickname of your home state?
The Golden State 

What's the worst type of weather in your opinion?
Hot and humid.  

Do you have a Kindle, Nook, iPad or none?
I love my Kindle.  I also love my iPad. 

Would you rather read or write?
Difficult question.  I love to do both.  My druthers, though, are probably reading.  Or maybe writing.  I don't know. 

When was the last time someone took a picture of you?
At Fenton's when we had lunch with Char and Mike before they left for Germany.   My friend Jeri's husband took a picture of all of us (and then I took a group picture with him in it)

Do you own a pair of slippers?
I used to own a great pair of rabbit skin slippers that the kids bought for me for Mother's Day.  Then I found out how much they cost.  I wore them until they fell apart.  Now I wear fuzzy socks and Birkenstocks. 

Name something negative that you hate about yourself:
I seem incapable of keeping anything neat and tidy for more than a few days.

Is your house currently hot, cold or just right?
Just right.  It's usually just right

Is there a Dead End road near where you live?
There are two cul de sacs at the end of our block 

Do you roll your eyes often?
Mentally, but not really 

Growing up, did you see your cousins often?
I have 32 cousins and saw Peach the most.  We spent a month together every summer and occasionally visited during the year too.  

Where was your first job?
A Medical Arts Laboratory where I washed bloody test tubes

When's your birthday?
February 17 

Is life a party to you?
I hope not.  I don't really enjoy parties. 

Who are you tired of seeing in the news a lot?
Doug Ose and Ami Bera, who are running against each other for a seat in the House of Representatives (Bera is the current Rep, Ose held the position in 2005).   The two of them have bought out all the air time and you can't turn on the television on any station for more than 10 minutes without seeing an ad for each of them, both blasting the other.  Their campaign is one of the top 10 most expensive in the country. This has been going on for over a month.  Thank God election is Tuesday.

When was the last time you flew a kite?
Not since our kids were little, if then.  That was more a Dad thing to do. 

How long have you had a blog?
More than 15 years.  

Have you ever had to call and complain about a product you bought
I rarely call but I write great complaint letters that almost always have very good outcomes.  I should also add that I also write great letters of compliment when I am extraordinarily pleased with something or someone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool questions!
I love the smell of rain too & Birkenstocks haha <3 They're so comfy.

Maybe I'm gonna steal some of those questions to answer on my own blog, is that okay?

You have a great and widely varied blog!

Best of luck,
Ilse

(ilsepulse from swap-bot)