Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday Stealing

My Random Randomness Meme

How did you choose your baby's or pet's names?
Jeri was named for her godmother, Jeri Desmond, of the Pinata Group and for my typing teacher, Sister Anne
Ned was named for our friend Ed Andrews (Ned's name is Edward Andrew), now Brother Alexander.
Paul Joseph was named because we liked the name Paul and Joseph was for Fr. Joseph Quinn, CSP
Tom was named by Jeri because Walt and I had run out of boys' names we agreed on.   His middle name, Kirk, was for my mother's mother's family, the Kirkpatricks.
David was sort of for Walt's friend Dave Johnson and Norman for his brother, Norm.
As for the Dogs, Sheila is because she's an Aussie Shepherd, Lizzie (Leaping Lizzie) is because she can't stop jumping and Polly was supposed to be for Paulie Perette (of NCIS) but then I discovered I'd spelled it wrong, so she's really named for Sweet Polly Purebred, Underdog's girlfriend.

Have you ever been fishing?
No.

Have you ever had your national flag painted on your face?
No

What was the last social faux pas you made?
I make so many of them, I don't know the last one.  Mostly the social faux pas I make are ones of which I am unaware!

What makes you nostalgic?
Movies of the 1950s

What's the scariest thing you've ever done?
Flying to Australia alone.  First time I'd traveled without Walt...I remember the panic when I went through the security area...and the first thing I did was to lose my passport!

What fairy tale character would you most associate with?
With as much time as I'm spending taking goodies to my mother's house, I guess Little Red Riding Hood.

How much do you tend to swear in public?
Hopefully not much, though in private it's an entirely different thing.

If you ruled your own country, who would you get to write your national anthem?
Steve Schalchlin, of course.

Who is the most intelligent person you know?
Probably Stephen Peithman, of the Davis Comic Opera Co.  I love talking to him about anything

What's the craziest thing you've ever done for someone?
Threw a pumpkin pie in Char's face (of course it was for her...she asked me to!)

What's the worst piece of advice anyone has ever given you?
Sticks and stones may break your bones, but names will never hurt you.  That is SO not true!!!!

If you had to describe yourself as a flavor, what would it be?
Plain vanilla

If you had to describe yourself as a car, what would it be?
A Studebaker, which we used to call a "coming or going car."  Often I don't know whether I'm coming or going.

If you had to describe yourself as an animal, what would it be?
An elephant.  Very big, family oriented, loyal, and intelligent (I also like peanuts)

Do you think laughing at someone else's misfortune is wrong?
"Wrong" maybe not, but definitely impolite.  Well, maybe I could make an exception for Anthony Weiner and other politicians who get caught sending pictures of body parts to young women...

If a loved one was to serenade you, what song would you most like them to sing?
"For You"

Would you ever let your parents pick out a partner for you?
Let's see...my father is dead and my mother has dementia and I've been married nearly 50 years so...no.

Have you ever tried spam? (the meat product)
Heck yes.  It's the national dish of Hawaii.  I have always liked Spam (so does Walt)  We actually buy it to eat!

No comments: