Monday, December 10, 2012

My Day Planner

Blogging and Compassion friend, Michelle Wright, does this frequently.  I've never done it before but thought I'd give it a shot.

Outside my window...
The weather has been grey and nondescript, though now the day is ending and there is a lovely sunset.

sunset1209.jpg (37014 bytes)

Around the house...
The noise of the vacuum cleaner is covering up the sound from the TV.  Walt has decided to do battle with the tumbleweeds that are leavings of the dogs.  I thought dogs were supposed to be thickening fur at this time of year, not shedding!

doghair.jpg (52092 bytes)

I am thinking...
That I'm feeling proud of me because I've eaten a pretty good diet today.  I even let Walt have the last ginger snap, when he offered to share it with me.

I am thankful...
That Bob is out of danger, that he has moved to a rehab facility close to their home, so Peach can drive there daily.

In the kitchen...
It's almost time to cook dinner.  Today it will be Joe Special, which I cook frequently.  My eating today has been very good...bagel and cream cheese for breakfast; raw almonds and blackberries with V8 juice for lunch; an apple for a snack.   Joe Special is just hamburger, spinach, eggs and parmesan cheese.  This time it will be heavy on the spinach and light on the meat.

I am wearing...
What I wear pretty much every day--sweat pants, sox, a sweatshirt over another shirt (usually it would be a t-shirt, today it is a shirt with the pattern of zebras on it).

I am creating...
Not much of anything today, though I am about ready to tackle the stack of things that need to be wrapped for Christmas.  I used to do really fancy gift wrap, but haven't done that in years.  Now people are lucky if they get patterned paper around their gifts!

I am wondering...
What is going to happen with this "fiscal cliff" business, and continuing to be frustrated by the fact that after seeming to learn a lesson from the results of the election, the Republicans seem to be digging in their heels again and refusing to budge on anything.  I am wondering when our representatives in Washington will grow up and start doing what the people want instead of playing these asinine games of chicken and cat and mouse.

I just finished...
Watching the finale of The Amazing Race and am thrilled with the outcome. Whoda thunk?? As the winners said, "sometimes good guys do finish first!"

I am hoping...
That the Supreme Court justices will finally do the right thing and decide that gay people are people too and as deserving of equal rights as any other minority group.

I am looking forward to...
Seeing the girls at Christmastime.  Bri is old enough to be getting into the "magic" of it all and I expect she especially is going to be a lot of fun to be around.

I am learning...
That frequent monitoring seems to be the key to keeping my blood sugar regulated.   Duhh.  It only took me 10 years to realize that?  Today has been the best day...ever!  Can I repeat it tomorrow?

I am pondering...
weak and weary, over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore...

A favorite quote for today...
"Brianna is going to light up the WORLD, and Lacie is going to change it. Mark. My. Words."  OK...so she's the kids' mother, but it's still a cool quote!

One of my favorite things...
The new Sentsy warmer ginger cookie scent.  I don't have to bake cookies.   The house just smells like I am!

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Not much  this week, except for lunch on two days, still to be confirmed by my two lunch partners.  On Tuesday I think I'm going to Panera with my friend Ruth, and on Thursday lunch in Sacramento with my friend Kathy.  Wednesday, Walt has the car to go to Berkeley for his dentist appointment, so I will be sticking close to home, which I probably would be doing anyway.

2 comments:

Kwizgiver said...

I'm going to steal this for future meme-doing!

Mary Z said...

I think I'll steal the idea, too. Thanks.