Monday, October 15, 2012

Sunday Stealling

A short one this time!

"The Who Are You Meme"

1. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Right now Ami Bera political ads.  They are BLANKETING the media, both for and against...and we aren't even in a district that gets to vote for (or against) Dr. Bera.

2. Where and when were you born?

February 1943, St. Francis Hospital San Francisco...and proud of being a third generation San Franciscan...we are a dying breed.

3. Where did your parents meet?

My aunt had met a guy (whom she later married) and went for cocktails with him at a bar.  He brought along his friend, my father, and my aunt called my mother to come down and join them.  She said she "had" to meet this guy.  My mother didn't make it the first night, but went the second night--and the rest is history.

4. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like in four words?

I had a sister, 4-1/2 years younger than I.  She was murdered by her partner in 1971.  What's she like in four words?  Dead.  Lesbian.  Stubborn.   Photographer.

5. Where do you live now, and with whom?
In Davis, California, for the past nearly 40 years, with my husband of 47 years.   On this street.
Villanova.jpg (114568 bytes)

6. What is your occupation?
Part-time theater critic, full time retiree.

7. Write a full description of yourself.

Full, eh?  5'6", salt and pepper hair, squinty eyes that are hazel (or "green with yellow flecks"), round but not firm or fully packed, generally dressed in clothes that are rumpled and covered with dog hair.  Actually, kind of like this:

LookLtrs.jpg (195736 bytes)
 
8. To which social class do you belong?
One of the 47% about whom Mitt Romney cares nothing.  The feeling is mutual.

9. Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?

Probably have a lot of low-level pollen and pet hair allergies which have never been diagnosed (could explain my constant coughing for the past 60 or so years). 

10. Are you right- or left-handed?

Leftie!

11. What does your voice sound like?

I've never paid attention.  I have been told that it is softer than the stereotypical American voice.  (Walt would probably say I mumble)

12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?

A couple of overused 4-letter words, "Dinner!" (yelled at either the dogs, or Walt, depending on what food is being served), "I always think there's a band, kid." "Have a nice day." "No problem."

13. What do you have in your pockets?

I rarely have pockets, so I never think to use them when I do.   Occasionally I will put my cell phone there, but am always afraid it will fall out.

14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?

If I'm driving the car, you can tell when I'm sleepy because I start scratching my head.  When I cry, my face gets blotchy and remains so for an hour or more, which is difficult because I am a "Spitzmuller" (my grandmother used to say), which means I cry at everything...sunsets, Hallmark commercials, supermarket openings, etc. I'm sure I have a lot of annoying habits, but why bring them up?

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

I think I shall adopt "Spitzmuller" as it describes me.