Monday, April 2, 2012

Sunday Stealling

1. What was the last clothing item that you bought?
I don't usually buy clothing, but I did buy two t-shirt type shirts and a button up blouse at a terrific sale through JMS (Just My Size) in the past month...the three combined cost me about $20, I think.

2. If you could stay one age forever, what age would you choose?

Oh there is so much involved in that question.  Would I be reliving the year like Groundhog Day or just staying the same age while everyone else around me got older?  If I were to stay the same age, think of all the beautiful things that have happened in my life would not have happened.

3. When you say “lol”, are you really laughing?

No.  I'm smiling a little and if I'm ROFL, I may have actually giggled once.

4. What is the most interesting thing you’ve done in the past year?

Went to China.  Walked The Great Wall.  Now that was cool!

5. If you started a business, what would it be?

I started a cake decorating business once.  It was successful for a couple of years until a bakery opened up here in town (then I went to work for the bakery until they could find a REAL cake decorator).  I wouldn't do that now, though.

6. Do your friends/family/coworkers know about your blog?

Everybody knows about my blog.

7. How long does it take you to write an average blog post?

Probably 15 minutes.  Sometimes it takes longer, but I'm a pretty fast writer/composer.  It takes longer to get it designed and uploaded, especially on the first of the month, when I change the look.

8. How do you keep up with the blogs you follow?

I subscribe through Google Reader.  It's the only way I could follow as many blogs as I do.  I'm always disappointed when a blog is password protected because I usually forget to check it, then.

9. What is your bedtime?  Is sex always involved?

After The Daily Show.  Sometimes I might stay up an hour or so later.   As for sex, since I sleep in a chair with a chihuahua, that's a "no."

10. Introvert or extrovert?

Oh, definitely an introvert!!!

11. What is your biggest fear?

Being incapacitated and relying on someone else for everything, including getting to the bathroom. 

12. What is the best job you ever had?

I was as private secretary to three different physics professors at UC Berkeley for four years.  I had my own office with a view of the campanile plaza.  I absolutely loved that job.  By the time I left, one professor had retired and another had moved to a different office, so I was private secretary for just one professor, who was also my friend, and who remains my friend today, almost 50 years later.

13. Dog person/cat person/both/neither?

Dog person.  I have nothing against cats, but we just aren't of the same mindset. 

14. If you had $1,000 to spend any way you wanted, what would you do with it?

$1,000 isn't enough to do anything big and there is nothing I really want to buy so I would probably divide it up among my Compassion kids.  $100 each would make a big temporary difference for their families.

15. How do you "dress" your toast?

I slather on the butter.  Occasionally jam, but I don't usually have jam in the house.

16. How do you feel about snow?

It's pretty to look at.  I've never lived in snow, so I've never had to deal with it.

17. What was the worst job you ever had?

Washing test tube and specimen tubes in a medical laboratory.  I didn't mind the bloody ones as much as I minded the poopy ones.

18. What song can you not stop listening to?

"For Good," from Wicked (and glad I get to review that show in a couple of months)

19. Love your name or hate it?

It has never felt like who I am.  My parents were going to name me Barbara after my aunt, but decided it would be confusing to have two Barbaras in the family, so they named me Beverly, for her middle name.  Ironically throughout my life everybody who forgets my name calls me Barbara instead.  I almost feel more like a Barbara then I do like a Bev.

20. How did you choose your blog/twitter handle?

Easy.  It's my name:  basykes

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

Very interesting that you don't feel like your name. I was named after my mother's mother for my first name and my father's father for my middle name. And now I love my name.