Sunday, August 14, 2011

More Butterflies

If yesterday's smashed butterfly on the hood of the car was an indication that my cousin Shirley was around, today's experience must indicate that she returned, and brought all of my dead ancestors with her!

Our day started around noon, when we stopped by Tom's to join him on a trip to the Santa Barbara Natural History Museum. Particularly this exhibit:

After a briefing by the museum staff to make sure Bri wouldn't touch or step on the butterflies, we were admitted to this marvelous little enclosure filled with butterflies and children with their parents.

It was just magical, with butterflies everywhere. Bri had an encounter with this guy

and was fascinated watching how this one drank water.

I tried getting some good shots, but they move so quickly and most of my close-ups came out blurry, though I did get a couple I liked.

We went through some other exhibits, but by the time we got to the car, Bri was really zonked and fell asleep on the ride home.


We left Laurel to put Bri to sleep while Walt and I went to Denny's to get lunch, then to visit our friends Dick and Gerry, and then off to meet the family at an Italian restaurant for dinner.

When dinner was over, we drove out to the end of Stearn's Wharf to check out the reflection of the full moon on the water.

It was pretty cold (heaven!) so Alice Nan and Joe's 85 year old Mom, Evelyn huddled together to keep warm.

I went wandering around trying to get a good picture of a seagull.

All things considered, a very good day!

1 comment:

phonelady said...

Now that is the kind of day I like .glad you had a good time .