Friday, April 2, 2010

2:30 a.m.

I don't often write a journal entry at 2:30 a.m., but this is kind of a weird night. I feel asleep somwhere around 9 p.m., without writing an entry, so this appears to be a good time for a meme!

My roommate and I once: poured syrup on a pancake that someone in the apartment above us dangled on a fishing line outside our window.

Never in my life have I: experimented with any drugs (which is some sort of an accomplishment, given that I was studying and working on the Berkeley campus in the 1960s!)

High school was: four of the best years of my life. Seriously.

When I'm nervous: I eat.

My hair: is the only part of my body that I actually like. It does what it wants to do, so I’ve never learned how to style hair, but I love it that I can wash it, shake it, and that’s it.

When I was 5: I was in kindergarten (I started at 4-1/2)

When I turn my head left: I see Broadway Melody of 1936 on TCM

I should be: sleeping

By this time next year: I’ll be a year older

My favorite aunt is: Dead. (That’s an easy question to answer because ALL of my aunts are dead.)

I have a hard time understanding: How people can listen to Rush Limbaugh, much less look to him for any wisdom whatsoever.

You know I like you if: I send you e-mail.

My ideal breakfast is: Waffles and sausage. Which I never have because I don’t have a waffle iron and rarely order it on those rare occasions when I go out to eat ('cause I don't want people talking about how the fat lady is eating waffles).

If you visit my home town: It will take your breath away. Heck, I lived there for 18 years and visit frequently and it still takes MY breath away. I’m a bigger tourist in San Francisco than any tourist I ever take there to visit.

If you spend the night at my house: try not to notice the smell of the puppy urine emanating from the living room carpet.

My favorite blonde is: Peggy, of course.

My favorite brunette is: Angelina Jolie

The animal I would like to see flying besides birds: Heck, I have enough problems with birds pooping on my car. I don’t even want to think of anything bigger. Can you imagine if elephants really COULD fly? I love Dumbo and all, but let’s keep him on the ground!

I shouldn't have been: snacking. Any time. I should never be snacking.

Last night I: slept with Polly again (at least until 2:30, that is). She returned from Ashley's in the morning, deliriously happy to be back here again.

A better name for me would be: Barbara. It’s the name my parents were going to give me, but then changed their mind since my aunt’s name was Barbara and they thought it would be too confusing. So they gave me her middle name, Beverly. However, throughout my life invariably people who can’t remember my name call me Barbara. So I answer to Barbara too.

I've been told I look like: Judy Garland. But not lately.

If I could have any car, it would be: Comfortable and come with air conditioning and a C.D. player. I don’t care the make, model, color or even the year. Just let it run and get good gas mileage.

No comments: